- A Show Stopper -

I, an avid reader and writer, write poems that are usually an escape, a way to express my feelings and somethings that are often not spoken off.. This blog has those poems I wrote, some I liked, some random and mostly those which helped me...in a hope, they help you too.. :) --Yours truly, Jazz.


Friday, October 07, 2011

You mean more than everything to me..

It is kind of cheesy... But then again, I like cheese. :)


I buried it deep
within myself.
Because the thought 
of pulling you in, 
through it all,
feels like sin.

I swallow my tears,
gulp down my fears,
for I know I have no choice,
And I will have to
face it
Head on.

I grit my teeth,
and carry on.
Hide the failure 
through my eyes.
Or when I cease to talk
and dwell in, on negative thoughts.

Often I see myself
hungry for love.
Or even a mere nod
Or a kiss on the forehead.
With a different kind of assurity
that everything 
will be fine.

When the night closes down 
and my mistakes bury me
I feel suffocated
with no place to go
And that is when,
I think of you
so desperately.

You say you don't
mind helping...
But it makes me 
feel guilty,
for sticking onto you
like a parasite. 

You have no idea 
how it feels,
when in deep sea
the warmth of your hug
makes it all okay,
in one go.

That caring tone 
in your voice
is something I always
yearn for,
no matter how much I show
I can survive,
without it, I feel empty.

I try hard to hide it all
from the eyes of the world
try to keep it
away from you...
But you always
seem to hit bullseye.

How do you do it,
is a wonder to me.
But I guess
without you sweetheart, 
I would be no more than
a lifeless being
morose and helpless, in darkness.

I try to divert my feelings
and I can't help but realize
how much you mean to me.
I try my best to go on
but ultimately,
I can't seem to go on without you.

I don't know how to 
get it across but,
here's something,
I would like you to know-
Thank you...for everything
you have ever done...
Because it means more than
everything to me.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

makes one think....:P