- A Show Stopper -

I, an avid reader and writer, write poems that are usually an escape, a way to express my feelings and somethings that are often not spoken off.. This blog has those poems I wrote, some I liked, some random and mostly those which helped me...in a hope, they help you too.. :) --Yours truly, Jazz.


Friday, June 03, 2011

You

This was in the drafts and I realized I hadn't posted this.. 



Sometimes we wish and keep wishing
sometimes we hope and keep hoping,
but there is someone who
sometimes, fulfills both.

At times, I wish and keep wishing
even when I know it isn't working
with my heart not ready to accept
and a will not ready to shatter.

Once again, after years, I wished
and knew it ain't getting fulfilled
Along came you,
and built a bridge brand new
to that world of attention and heed.

It was different, it was nice
unexpected with absolutely no price
to see someone like you
make way for someone like me.

It was as though the sun
was peeping out of the clouds
after ages of darkness
there it was, shining bright.

And once when I looked back
I saw the journey I traveled so far
and thanked almighty or that caring hand
I'd finally found. 

If only you knew how much you meant to me.
If only you knew how much I needed you.
You made my day when it was dark
I thought positive when I was with you.

I thought people got used to loneliness
and I hoped I would too.
Seems I got it wrong
because I might see myself begging for you. 

So thank you for being there
when I needed it.
And I want to be there
when you need me too.

No comments: