- A Show Stopper -

I, an avid reader and writer, write poems that are usually an escape, a way to express my feelings and somethings that are often not spoken off.. This blog has those poems I wrote, some I liked, some random and mostly those which helped me...in a hope, they help you too.. :) --Yours truly, Jazz.


Friday, May 13, 2011

Reality.

This one..is rather personal. It was written when I wasn't exactly in a mood to, so it isn't my best piece. 

A thank you
for the wonderful day
and the so-called gift
on my birthday.
I turned fifteen,
worst bit of news you could give
that you were parting
and that you wanted "a life to live".
I could see my day
the one I was eagerly waiting for,
cashing and broken
and given away.
I was calm then,
I am calm still,
but if you could ever peek in
it's a hurt and chaotic hill.
Pretty soon I guess,
I got used to it,
Sleepless nights,
tantrums fit.
Then we moved..
and people asked
we made excuses
and kept the grade unmasked.
It's been a year,
since that day
yet I can't help
but dismay.
I did forgive you
'cause you tried your best,
to keep it alive
to keep it suppressed.
It isn't your fault,
that it fell apart
I tried too,
with an aching heart.
I wish you both could understand,
it's not about me,
it's not about us,
it's about we being a happy family.
What's done, is done
what's wished, is wished
you can't do anything but face
the lone reality that's buried. 


Review? I would really like one for this poem..

No comments: